Monday, May 11, 2009

FGM Becky


As you know, I have four VERY special women in my life called "The Girlfriends." Now that there are descendents of "The Girlfriends" being created (aka CHILDREN), we had to coin a name for how the kiddos were to view their mothers' closest pals. Beth came up with "Fairy Godmothers" several years back and it stuck. Becky is FGM (Fairy Godmother) to Jackson. We also call her "Aunt Becky." But let's get real... the best Jackson can do - and it is SO darn cute - is "Beppy." I love it!

Becky came for her second Rochester visit right after the Arthurs. She spoiled, spoiled and then spoiled some more. It's hard to say who got spoiled more: Jackson or me. We drank chai lattes and margaritas, gave each other massages, ate scrumptious meal creations, and I was allowed to sleep during what became known as "Becky's afternoon walk time" - BEAUTIFUL. It made up for how late the woman was keeping me up with her favorite girlfriend-appropriate movies at night (The Thomas Crown Affair and The Saint). Scott planned a trip to California when she'd be here, so we girlfriended it up in his absence. And thank goodness she was here when she was, because I had lots of doctor's appointments for Sullivan, Jackson, and me. She was holding down the fort, for sure!

I love you Beppy!






FGM Becky and Jackson concentrating on some imaginative activity - the woman spoiled Jackson with all of her creativity and energy!



Speaking of creative, look at the muffin presentation! I felt like I was at a restaurant!




And how bout that salmon? This particular variation had apricot topping. YUM!





FGM Becky holding Baby Sullivan. The two of them got along great, but I think nothing could top the connection between she and Jackson... he had a crush, needless to say!






This was the fort they built together with couch cushions. What 2 year old WOULDN'T have a crush on FGM Becky???

All-time best action shot... Becky and I completed the project of painting the master bedroom during her visit. Sullivan cooperated most of the time, but here he needed some TLC during the paint job. Can this gal multi-task or what??

Beppy's last morning... we love you!

1 comment:

Mary Hill said...

What wonderful memories and photos!