Thursday, November 12, 2009

New name

Jackson is currently finished with his nap and I can usually stall awhile as he gets mildly interested in a book in his bed or whatever in the world he does in there. (He's still caged by the crib - thank God - so he must WAIT until I retrieve him.)

Just now, he started calling for me, "Mommy, mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy." High pitched, low pitched. To the melody of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

And then, when I didn't go to him immediately (again, stalling), I noticed a pause.... then, "Tricia, Tricia. Tricia. Tricia. Tricia."

I AM NOT TRICIA. I AM MOMMY. HEAR ME ROAR.

4 comments:

Tessa said...

LOL ... he is learning quick! Usually kids don't learn that trick and how it will definitely get our attention until they get older! You have one smart cookie.

Emily said...

Tricia~that is priceless
Hannah has taken to calling me Emily...and I have to say MY NAME IS MOMMY! DAGGONIT!
I do appreciate the fact that he worked it into a song. He is a funny little man.
Thanks for sharing, love it.
Em

Emily said...

Tricia~that is priceless
Hannah has taken to calling me Emily...and I have to say MY NAME IS MOMMY! DAGGONIT!
I do appreciate the fact that he worked it into a song. He is a funny little man.
Thanks for sharing, love it.
Em

Lepus said...

AHAHA, just be glad he isn't saying "WOMAN, GIT IN HERE!!"