Saturday, October 29, 2016

NINE YEARS and TWELVE YEARS

This time of year is my favorite time of year. I love the colors, the crispness, the pumpkins, the sweaters, the bonfires...

Besides that, it holds my wedding anniversary (which is not a coincidence, since I was bound and determined to have a Fall wedding). Twelve years, Scott Gibson Arthur. Tomorrow, on the 30th, we will have made it to A DOZEN (is the designated gift Eggs? Donuts?)!

And, starting nine years ago, it became a season of a different type of emotion. We celebrate the change of season, we celebrate our union as a couple, and...

We honor and remember our baby boy, Duncan, who passed away on October 26 2007.

We've done a variety of things over the years to make this day significant (this year, we spent it flying home from San Diego!!). But one thing I always do is reread the following entry from that time period. It's called "New Kind of Normal" and I still don't think there's any better description for what the weeks, months, and now years since Duncan's death have been like for me.

To read that entry, click
here



No comments: