Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Where to put it all?

EVERY year a new round of gifts enter our home around this time and I can guarantee that the volume of these new additions far exceeds the volume of the items that get packed up to Good Will within a year's time. So that leads to only one possible resulting reality: we keep adding to what we've got.

It was challenging enough to find a smart place for all of Scott and my new fun toys each year. Now add a toddler to the mix. Ha! The kid's possessions were quite strategically "tetris"-ed into our Saab on the way home and when we safely arrived in our driveway, opening one car door was like turning the final crank on the Jack-in-the-box: EXPLOSION!

I spent most of Sunday afternoon through today organizing...and I am happy to say that everything has a home.

Did I mention another child is coming in April?

How did Neanderthals do it with only one cave and no Goodwill?

(P.S. I am most obviously a) exxagerating and b) attempting to be witty and funny so loved ones, please do not take this entry in any way as a complaint about all of the blessed giving! We are so appreciative!)

P.S.S. Much much more in the way of pictures to come.

2 comments:

Emily said...

you are witty! The "stuff" quest will only get worse...I love you so I am telling you the truth...

Tiffany McCallen said...

I am struggling too. Have any good ideas? :)