Friday, June 19, 2009

BLT, Cheetohs, and Diet Coke

What better way to celebrate the anniversary of my mom's death? June 16th marked two years since Mom died. Just reading those words seems strange. Two years seems strange.

I made the decision last year to mark the day not only with some journal and alone time but also with what I am sure she would agree would have been her FAVORITE meal. Dad was visiting last year in Columbus on June 16th, so I shared the meal with him. And, as luck would have it, this year my dear friend from the 1st grade, Rachel Jacobs, was visiting so I shared the meal with her. Rachel had fond memories of my mom as well, so it was special to spend that day with her and eat that lunch with her.

Then I had to go and watch Grey's Anatomy that night (via NETFLIX - we're on Season 3), which was emotional not only because it was one of my mom's FAVORITE shows, but also because the episodes (that's right, I use plural - because we watched FOUR IN ONE NIGHT!) we viewed that night had a mother/daughter story in each. I was a little teary-eyed for sure.

I miss her so.

No comments: