Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I got "hushed" today

On the way to the grocery store this morning, Jackson was entertaining himself with an Elmo book (the kind with those cool buttons on the side that make noises to accompany the story). RESPECT came on the radio, one of my FAVORITES, and I cranked the volume up singing my little heart out. I heard Jackson protesting something from his car seat, but I couldn't hear him and I didn't care : I was IN THE MOMENT with my solo.

When he raised his voice and got a little red in the face, I understood:

"Hush, Mommy. Hush! PEES!"

The little dude couldn't hear his Elmo buttons.

It's the first time I haved been "hushed" by my child... a probably not the last. I've heard those little monsters called teenagers (sorry teenage readers!) say things like "shut up" to their parents.

For now, I am pretty happy with "Hush, Mommy" and especially happy with the "Pees." At least the kid's got manners.

2 comments:

Tiffany McCallen said...

We already get the sassy-faced, "Don't do dat!" attitude. Oh what we're in for!

Unknown said...

Aretha beats out Elmo any day of the week....Hush Elmo! peees!