Sunday, April 15, 2007

Marvelous Multiples

A good friend of ours, Becky Smith, researched classes for parents with twins and found a great one offered by St. Annes. She "gifted" us with "Marvelous Multiples," and it was today from 9-3:30pm.

We got to ask lots of questions and listened to panelists with twins discuss their experiences. We are in for a ride, folks. A real ride. Let's talk about nursing, for one. Getting both those suckers latched on at the same time and burping them intermittently?!?!?! And can you imagine trying to go to the grocery store with two infant carriers by myself? (I think that might be a wait-for-Daddy-to-come-home activity).

I guess what I have found to be true is that with labor, birth, and the stages of parenting - THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTES. We will be making a lot of gut-decisions and experimentation. But what a gift to have two!

I am looking forward to my last day of school tomorrow, although with that comes some natural feelings of identity-shifting too. I'm not just taking off for a couple weeks while I visit in Louisville... I'm not just taking off for a month and a half until school lets out for the year. I am leaving my career for a minimum of 1 year and 5 months (at least until the 08-09 season). So - it will be a big goodbye to what has been a big part of my life. And on to a brand new part of my life. WOW! We are truly excited.

No comments: