Thursday, January 3, 2008

Rewind




I need to take the time to go back in time to the Sunday before Christmas, the 23rd. Becky, dear Becky, is always full of mystery. She has a habit of thinking in advanced (I should try that some time) and making fun plans of which other involved members are unaware. She has a knack for "kidnapping" her husband, for instance, telling him what to wear/pack and whisking him away to some fun adventure.

That's why, when Becky called me several weeks ago to reserve the 23rd evening from about 3:30pm on, I knew I was in for a treat. We were instructed to have water boiling. I, the member of the family that rarely anticipates ANYTHING, was cool with just NOT knowing anything and waiting for whatever fun was in store for us that evening. Scott had a couple ideas brewing....one of which involved pasta (the only reason a man would boil water, of course).

So knocks came on our front door. Upon opening it, we were presented with an incredibly gifted crew of carolers and an incredibly warm fuzzy feeling. The gang sang a few carols and then entered for fellowship, cider, hot chocolate, and scrumptious appetizers. IT WAS AN ANGEL PARTY! Becky, the Queen Bee Angel, had been strategizing how to gather the folks who had participated in Operation Keep-Tricia-Sane through the bed rest and babies-up-all-night stages of my motherhood. So her strategy came to fruition that night.

Scott and I were so in awe at the gesture. We have felt so served by these people, and here they were serving us AGAIN! I am kicking myself for not getting a better picture of the whole group. But, I assure you, it was a powerhouse of a collection of people.

No comments: